How to Stop Your Dog’s Constant Barking
Is your dog’s barking getting out of control or does the barking seem to get worse when you leave home? There are so many stop dog barking devices which one should you choose from? If you’re reading this article then I’m sure you’ve asked yourself… What’s the best way to stop my dog’s barking?
Dog bark collars can stop barking dogs quickly, easily, and humanely. When used properly, the electronic bark collar can stop your dog’s barking completely within a matter of a few days.
There are some shock collars, sound collars and then there are the mist spray collars. Let’s take a closer look and see what they include.
Most electronic bark control collars employ sound as the basic stimulus because it is well established that animals learn more quickly and retain a better memory when the desired behavior is associated with a sound. The more advanced models progressively increase the sonic stimulus as barking persists. Some models employ gradually increasing electric shock stimulus along with the sound to stop even the most stubborn barkers in a humane manner.
The more sophisticated electronic bark collars sense the vibrations in a dog’s throat that happen only during barking. By doing so, they prevent false corrections from other loud noises and from other dogs barking.
The drawback with some “barking dog collars” is that they may detect barking with a microphone and activate on sound; these can be set off by other noises or by another dog’s bark. Some Barking Dog Collars only use vibration; these can be set off by motion or jostling.
Stay Away from these Stop Dog Barking Devices
1. Bark Dog Collars the project a spray mist which startles and confuses the dog’s olfactory senses, causing him to stop barking. These mists may cause allergic reactions and hypersensitivity in your dog.
2. Independent devices that have a built-in microphone tuned to the sound of your dog’s bark. They emit a loud correction to startle the dog so he stops barking. They automatically stop and reset themselves after each auditory correction. The dog feels no correction with this type of bark stopper and can simply move away to another location further from the receiver and completely avoid the sound altogether.
Look for Stop Dog Barking Devices with these Features
1. One that simultaneously senses both sound and vibration, and only uses a combination of sound and vibration to trigger the electronic correction. By having both of these features, the electronic bark collar will be activated only by the dog wearing the collar, so there won’t be any “false corrections” caused by loud noises or other dogs barking.
2. One that automatically adjusts the level of static correction to your dog’s temperament with different levels of self-adjustable corrections in response to the barking intensity of your dog. The more intensity settings will help to accommodate the most sensitive too the most stubborn dogs.
3. One that provides a warning beep with the first bark.
4. One with a rechargeable battery, which features a low battery indicator light.
5. One that features a quick-fit buckle that provides a quick release.
6. One that is durable, lightweight, waterproof, and adjustable.
7. One that comes with a complete operating guide and a videotape demonstration.
Stop Dog Barking Devices
Please share with your friends. 🙂